Everyone Deserves a Second Chance CONTACT ME TODAY

Special Education Law Attorney Serving Boston, Massachusetts

It’s a common scenario: your young child may appear to “guess” at the words in their favorite bedtime book. Your older child may seem unable to retain what they read from last night’s homework assignment. Your child may have issues with attention or hyperactivity, but you may not know the root cause. Sadly, children with undiagnosed learning issues often think they’re just not smart enough. They’re often told they just need to work harder or apply themselves. When they try harder without success, they become despondent and withdrawn.

Speak With a Special Education Attorney in Franklin

Concerned parents believe they can obtain answers and help from their child’s school, but when that doesn’t work, these parents often call Yee and Associates, PC. My firm helps parents in the Boston area and throughout Massachusetts understand their child’s special education rights and get their child what they need. Maybe your child doesn’t meet the criteria for an IEP, but requires accommodations to be successful at school; maybe your child doesn’t fall into any neatly-defined category or label. For more than 20 years, I’ve been fighting fiercely and compassionately for parents and their children. Learn more about IEPs, special education law, and how I can fight for you by contacting Yee & Associates today.



Navigating Special Education Law in Massachusetts

Every child has a legal right to access the curriculum at school. Their learning issues may be preventing that from occurring. If your son or daughter has learning issues, you may need a special education attorney to advocate on their behalf. I can help you understand:

  • If and when your child is entitled to a free academic evaluation (and how you go about requesting one)

  • How and when you can obtain an independent education evaluation (generally paid for by you)

  • How to advocate for your child during the IEP process

  • How to read and understand your child’s evaluation results and IEP

  • How you go about requesting an out of school district placement to a private school

  • How you file a request for hearing at the Bureau of Special Education Appeals

When your child’s education is on the line, turn to legal guidance you can trust. I serve clients in the Franklin, Massachusetts area as well as Norfolk and Worcester Counties.

Why Hire A Special Education Lawyer?

At some point during your child's education, it might make sense to reach out to legal counsel. An attorney can help you advocate for your child and bring relief when you need it most. Here are some questions to ask yourself if you find yourself wondering whether having legal guidance in your corner is worth it:

  • Is my case strong? If you don't know whether you have a good case against the school district, consider talking to an attorney. A good lawyer should tell you how strong your case looks.

  • Is my case complex? A dispute involving complicated placement and service issues requires the knowledge and experience of an attorney.

  • Do I have the energy? If you work full time, are a single parent, or have a hectic schedule, you may need someone to take charge.

  • Do I have the confidence? Most parents can be great advocates for their children. However, if you doubt your ability to advocate or negotiate, hire a lawyer rather than attempt to wage the fight on your own.

  • Do I know if the district is represented? If the school district has an attorney, you will want the same protection.

If you have questions about the IEP process, independent education evaluations, or special education law in general, allow me to take the lead. At Yee & Associates, I know how important it is to give every child the opportunity to flourish. Since 1993, I’ve been providing individuals and families in the Boston area with legal guidance built on a passion for finding solutions and creating positive change.


Everyone deserves the chance to shine in school. Sometimes, all it takes is someone in your corner, someone on your team — someone willing to work hard to do what’s right for you and your family. From my office in Franklin, I serve families in the Boston area with skilled special education counsel. If you live in Norfolk, Bristol, or Worcester counties, schedule a consultation today.